Middle Software Quality Engineer
RemotePhilippines, National Capital Region, RemoteQuality Assurance
ShortPoint is a global remote work company that empowers organizations around the world to build gorgeous intranets that deepen connections and increase productivity. We develop and constantly improve the best intranet design technology that enables users to build intranet sites from scratch with no coding, at minimum cost, and in record time. It is the one tool used by more than 1500 companies that effectively touches the lives of more than 6 million intranet users across the globe. Companies such as PWC, NASA, NHS, General Electric, Epson and more use ShortPoint Page Builder to create and design their intranets.
About our Team
We are a team of diverse individuals that work closely together and collaborate remotely from different locations around the globe. We have team members who work out of Ukraine, Romania, Turkey, Nigeria, Cameroon, the Philippines, the USA, and UAE just to name a few. We foster an inclusive environment where we welcome talents with different backgrounds, beliefs, genders, and more. We currently have 40% of women thriving in the company.
And we can’t wait for you to join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Review and analyze system specifications.
- Design & Develop, Maintain & Manage, and Execute Checklists, Test Cases, and Test Suites.
- Design & Develop, Maintain & Manage Traceability Matrix.
- Report and Track defects throughout the development life cycle.
- Execute pre-release, release, and post-release testing activities.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality processes.
- Develop, Recommend, and Monitor corrective and preventive actions.
We Are Looking For:
- Practical work experience in software quality control (1.5+ years).
- The applicant timezone should be between GMT+1 to GMT+8.
- Practical knowledge and experience in software quality terminologies, methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Practical work experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases and defects.
- Practical work experience verifying requirements, specifications and user stories.
- Practical experience in working with Agile/Scrum teams and must be familiar with quality testing integration with Scrum.
- Certified in software quality control is a huge plus.
- Strong English communication skills, oral and written skills.
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box.
- Practical knowledge of the SDLC.
- Ability to self-organize and work remotely.
- SharePoint experience is a huge plus.
- Practical experience in working with Jira.
What We Offer:
We believe in investing in our employees holistically by offering competitive compensation commensurate with experience, flexible schedule arrangements with 4-day work weeks, allotted personal time and vacation days, fitness benefit and medical assistance, and company-paid professional training. This ensures that everyone is comfortable in their daily life, maintaining good work to life balance, and staying happy and healthy at all times.
As part of the team, you would be provided with:
- Working remotely;
- 4 working days a week;
- Medical Insurance;
- 30 days annual leave/year;
- 60 hours per year for personal time;
- 15 days public holidays;
- Unlimited paid sick days;
- Maternity time off;
- Work equipment provided;
- Gym compensation;
- Professional training and development;
- Team building and activities;
- Annual meetups with the whole team;
- ShortPoint welcome gift boxes / swag.
So, What Does It Really Mean To Work At ShortPoint?
We are committed to be a global employer of choice. We ensure that our employees are engaged, productive, cared for, and are able to bring their whole selves to work. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work and we embrace this in our culture and in our product. We encourage career development and growth and we care about each other’s well-being. We are looking for team members who are passionate about delivering their best and most innovative work while collaborating with a team of 14 nationalities and with customers in different parts of the world.